67. The Reason

The decision was made to assist in Rain's awakening, but there are more reasons than ridding oneself from the past...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


            The elf dreaded going toward Silvermoon city, anticipating the annoying mass of Sin’Dorei that lived and frolicked in the town. His auburn hair flowed behind him as he had left it after his lover left his side earlier that morning. In a way, he continued to feel her hands running through and along his strands of hair when he left it down. His reverie was brought to a halt when he saw the familiar blue troll leaning against the entry gates of the city. At first, Cris considered ignoring her, perhaps she wouldn’t notice his presence as she gazed down at the ground. But as soon as he passed her, he heard a low growl in her voice.
            “Where joo be, Wolf?” She lifted her head, her gray eyes glaring at him. Being in public was reason enough to call him by his nickname.
            Cris stopped and sighed, “Out.”
            “All night? Joo be out all da time now.” Tia pushed herself off the wall and walked toward Cris, trying no to look so suspicious since there were guards around. “Wit who?”
            “Does it matter? I’m a big boy. I can be out with whomever I want.”
            “Dat be not what I ask joo.”
            “I will not talk about this here, Tia,” Cris muttered between clenched teeth.
            “Fine den.” The troll grabbed Cris’ arm and while he struggled against her for a moment, he gave in, avoiding any conflicts with the guards outside Silvermoon. Tia pulled him toward the dragonhawk handler, paying him with several gold coins before she placed Cris on the dragonhawk. She watched it fly away before getting her own ride.
            They flew over to Sun Reach Harbor, the location where “The Lucky Wench” was docked. Upon landing, Cris and Tia walked straight toward the ship in silence, where Ziggly was swabbing the deck. He stopped and blinked at both Tia and Cris. “I thought we were leaving this weekend.”
            “We are,” Cris replied, his gaze away from both the goblin and troll.
            Ziggly looked at Tia, who in turn glared at Cris. “So talk, Cristianno.”
            “In my cabin.”
            “No! No, I haven’t finished cleaning up in there,” Ziggly muttered, scratching the back of his head. Cris sighed and threw his hands up in resignation. He marched down to the lower deck. Tia and Ziggly followed close by, watching Cris carefully.
            “Well, what the fuck do you want?” Cris snarled at Tia.
            “Joo be married?”
            “Wh-what? No…”
            “Bullshit, Cris. Short-stuff says you are.” Ziggly crossed his arms and leaned against the ship.
            “Amy? She says that because I told her we were, to protect….” Cris stopped and looked at both Tia and Ziggly. “I just said I was, alright?”
            Tia and Ziggly looked at each other and shook their heads. “I don’t believe it,” Ziggly said.
            “Me neitha.”
            Cris rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air. “I’m not married! It was just a ruse.” He took a deep breath and shook his head, “Look, I’m not married, but…that’s not to say that I’m not with anyone. There is someone.” Cris looked at Tia and sneered, “No, it’s not Rain.”
            “Clearly. So who be it?”
            “Someone.”
            “What are you hiding?” screamed Ziggly.
            “Just leave it at that, won’t you?”
            Tia calmly walked to Cris and held his shoulders, “Calm jooself, Cristianno. What of Rain?”
            Cris took a deep breath and looked away, “She’s unconscious somewhere. I’m going to allow myself to be led to her so that I can try to wake her.” Ziggly dramatically threw his arms up and shook his head while Tia simply stared at Cris in disbelief.
            “There we go again. She really has you by the balls, doesn’t she?” Ziggly laughed.
            “Oh shut the fuck up, Ziggly. I just feel like I owe this to her.”
            “Owe her? How the fuck do you owe her? She fucking owes you! All the bullshit she put you through should be repaid. You know how? Either by dying or leaving you alone.” The goblin poked Cris’ gut hard, making him wince.
            “Zig be right. Joo don owe ‘er noting. Joo be more den faithful and loyal to ‘er. And for wat?”
            “You think I don’t know that, Tia? Of course I was more than loyal to her, but she refused me!” He sighed, “I’m sick of being portrayed as the bad guy here. We had agreed to depart! She told me it was fine! It’s not my fucking fault she tried to kill herself!”
            Ziggly chuckled and shook his head, “Pussy.”
            Tia zapped the goblin with a bit of lightning. As the goblin shrieked, she turned to Cris and patted his shoulder. “Dis be exactly why joo don need a new woman. Dey be trouble.”
            “Not this one, Tia.”
            Ziggly, already cleared of smoke and pain, looked up at Cris, “I would let her die. Leave her be. Don’t concern yourself with that bitch.”
            “I have to Ziggly because if I don’t, she’ll always…”
            “Have you by the balls?”
            “Yes.”
            Tia shakes her head and looks at Cris, “I be wit Zig on dis one. I would let ‘er die.”
            “Tia, you don’t understand. I have to do this. I have to do this so that she finally leaves me alone, leaving me to be at peace with the woman I would one day want to marry!”
            His words were enough to leave Tia and Ziggly speechless. “Did…did you just hear that Tia?” Ziggly whispered, glaring at Cris in disbelief. The troll simply nodded. “I can’t believe it…”
            “Joo serious, Cristianno?”
            “Yes, Tia. I am.”
            “Great! We’re losing the Wolf. We’re fucking losing the Wolf.” Ziggly buried his face in his hands. Cris laughed softly.
            “Trust me, she’s not Rain.” He took a deep breath. “She’s better.”
            “If she fucking hurts you, Cris…”
            “I will have probably deserve it, Zig.”
            Tia placed her hand on his shoulder, “Joo seem sincere. Remembah joor mission, Cristianno. Remembah hoo joo be.” She touched his shark tooth. “Joo no done yet.”
            “I know, Tia. I know. I’m going to try and contact Rain’s brother tonight. Once this is over, it will finally be over.” Cris took a deep breath and walked passed Tia and Ziggly, making his exit off the ship.
            Tia’Zula shook her head. “Dis be bad.”
            “I’ll say. That bitch is just as bad as Kahlen. Or worse.”
            “Worse dan Rosaelynn?”
            “Worse!”
            The troll shook her head and patted Ziggly’s head. “I be headin’ ta Orgrimmar and Echo Isles tah visit mah sistah. If joo see Cristianno latah, be sure he be alive, ya?”
            Ziggly nodded and followed her onto the deck. “So much for the sweet and innocent Rain.” He chuckled and began to mop once more. “She’s just like all them bitches out there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment