95. No More Games

Cris heads to Tia for what he has lost, but he isn't alone, and he isn't afraid...


Special thanks to Niela for helping me with her part. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


            With his every step being watched from the shadows, Cristianno made his way to Tia’Zula’s hut on Jaguero Isle, where he knew that the smoke emanating from the chimney was a welcome sign for him. He stumbled a few times, his wet clothes dripping and gathering sand at his feet. The swim from Stranglethorn to the isle was hard since he was already weakened, but with his wife’s guidance, he was able to make it to the island. Once they were on land, Cris began to approach the hut while his wife returned to the shadows, observing every move and prepared to listen in on every word.
            “You ready?” Cris muttered in a soft whisper as he stared at the door. He didn’t need a sign as he pushed the door open.
            “I thought joo wanted to die, Cristianno,” the troll’s voice inside ran out. Cris walked into the hut, leaving the door wide open.
            “Seems you don’t know me as well as you think, Tia.”
            “Oh, I be knowing joo bettah. Come, sit. Joo look like joo about ta crumble.” Tia gestured toward the bed. Cris stumbled toward it and flopped onto it, leaning against the wooden wall. “Nao, would joo like some tea?”
            “Tia, just give me my fucking tooth back.”
            “Joo be mistaken, Cristianno. Dat be my tooth. I be givin’ it ta joo so joo can live. Dat be all.”
            “Tia…”
            “Jes, Cristianno?”
            He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. “I don’t want to die.”
            “No, of course joo don wanna die. Dat be why joo ‘ere, but joo don make da demands ‘ere.” Tia grinned widely, her small tusks pulling her lips back. “I do.”
            Cris glanced over to the farthest corner of the hut but he immediately glanced back. “Fine. What the fuck do you want?”
            The troll leaned back in her chair and chuckled coldly. “Da tings I could ask fo and joo would willingly give.” She twirled a pink braid between her fingers and stared at Cris. He gulped as he silently waited for her response. She noticed Cristianno’s eyes shift to the corner several times before she leaned toward him. “I want joo, Cristianno.”
            His blue-green eyes widened. “What the fuck?” He inched away on the bed. “No fucking way, Tia.”
            “Okay, den joo die. Get out.”
            “That’s unreasonable!”
            “Is it? Joo, the mighty Wolf, who did no care ‘oo ‘ee slept wit? Now it be unreasonable?”
            “You know very well why it is.”
            “Hmm, no, it jus casually slip mah mind fo’ a moment der.” Tia leaned toward the bed and began to crawl on it, toward Cris, who continued to inch away. “Nao, give meh what I want, and joo get joor life back.”
            “Tia, back away!” He tried to lift his feet to kick her away, but his weakened state caused him to fail. Tia laughed softly.
            “Joo be weak, Cristianno. Dis be easy.”
            Cris laughed, strands of auburn hair falling onto his face. “You’re stupid, Tia. If I’m weak, what the fuck makes you think I’m going to be able to perform. Your fucking loss.”
            “Ah, but if joo ‘ave joor tooth back, joo no longa weak. I get joo ready, put da tooth back, joo pay me. It not be ‘ard, Cristianno.”
Cris turned away, repulsed by the idea. In a moment that was very unlike him, he whimpered out, “Niela…”
Tia stopped and smirked as she lifted an eyebrow. She lifted her head and leaned back a bit as she saw the masked woman appear in the chair beside them. Her legs were crossed as she calmly sat and her eyes narrowed as she spoke in a low, raspy tone, “No matter what you do, troll, he will never belong to you. The goal is to keep him alive. Your worth to me is lost the moment he draws his final breath.” Cris exhaled in relief as Tia slithered back.
“Ah, elf, of course joo be ‘ere.” The troll leaned sat along the edge of the bed and smiled sweetly at the masked woman. “Nao, if ‘ee matta that much ta joo, joo be willin’ fo ‘im ta do anyting ta live.”
“The only reason you have yet to find a knife in your back, precious.” There was a smirk in her words behind the mask, which changed the look on Tia’s face, going from confident to furious.
Cris closed his eyes and slumped against the wall once more, his breath growing shallow. “Tia… will you shut the fuck up and heal me? Now!” He gasped for his breath and barely opened his eyes. “The game is over. If you’re going to let me die….then fine. I’ll see you in hell because…you’ll be there shortly after I will.” He grasped his chest and clutched it tightly, the pain starting to sink in. “I…I promise you that.”
Tia glared at the masked elf who appeared to smile, even from behind the mask. “I’d follow the Captain’s orders. It would be in your best interest, I assure you.”
The troll rolled her gray eyes and crawled back to Cris, straddling him as she lifted her skirt up around her thighs. She grabbed his chin in her hand and squeezed tightly. “Joo be alive because of me. Joo betta remembah dat.” The masked elf stared at both of them intensely, waiting to see some sort of reaction from her husband.
Tia’s blue hand reached into her bosom and pulled out the large shark tooth. Without warning him, she simply pierced the neck with the hooks and healed the skin around it, fusing the tooth back onto his skin. She planted a kiss on his lips and smirked, moving away from him and smiling at the masked woman. “Joo ‘appy?”
The troll walked past her while she said “Of course. Your cooperation is appreciated.” Tia stopped in her tracks and was about to turn and say something to the masked woman when she heard a gun click. She turned to see Cris, who was still sitting on the bed, but was pointing his gun at her. Tia stopped and narrowed her eyes at him.
“Now, it’s my fucking turn. If you ever…EVER do that shit again, I will blow your fucking brains out. I don’t care if I’m damned with this shit for the rest of my life. Do you understand me, Tia?”
“Aw, joo be playin’ brave nao, Cristianno.”
“No, I’m fucking serious.” He pushed himself off the bed and walked toward Tia, the gun still pointed at her. “I’m sick of your shit. I keep coming to you because of The Captain. Because we trust you, but if this is just a fucking game to you, then fuck off. I don’t need this bullshit on my ship.”
“Cristianno…”
“No, shut up, Tia. You’re not allowed on my ship until I’m ready to have you back. I’ll return if I need to, but you better start thinking about this tooth. You told me it wouldn’t last long. You better think about the way things were, because frankly, I can get a healer anywhere.” He walked toward her, looking up at her. “You are very replaceable.” He walked backwards, the gun still pointed at Tia as he headed toward the door. “Let’s go, Niela.” As soon as he spoke, he walked out the door, disappearing from view.
The masked elf rose from her seat and as she spoke, that audible smirk was once again there. “I told you.” She followed Cristianno, melting into the shadows.
The troll stood alone in her hut, her hands rolled into fists. She reached for her staff and screamed as she began to swing it in the small hut, knocking down jars of materials and herbs.  Tia screamed once more, her voice carrying outside the hut.
Cris continued to walk away, his body tense as he stomped along the sand until he got to the edge of the beach. Niela softly spoke, “You did not need me after all.” She removed her mask and smiled fondly at him. Cris turned to look at her, his eyes still raging, but as soon as he saw her, the rage began to ease away. He reached for her and pulled her close, kissing her deeply and without any apologies before they both returned back to Booty Bay.
Inside, Cris was relieved to live another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment