120. Tia'Zula - The Witch Plans Once Again

Tia has received news that she did not want to hear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Captain is dead. His body has been found on his ship, but I’m sure you already know this since it was you who killed him. I found out when I noticed the heart was gone. I am simply writing to remind you that we are done. You and I no longer have any business with each other. I don’t want to see you around here again.
Lightdawn


The blue fingers gripping the page were starting to turn violet from the force behind her grip. It was a brief message, but it said so much to her. The flames around her flickered several times and her gray eyes shifted from side to side, reading each word over and over and over. Finally, she lowered the letter and stared at a smoking skull in front of her.
“’Ee be an idiot,” the troll whispered. Her breath wafted the smoke away for a moment. Her long fingers reached for a pinch of green herbs on a plate off to the side of the table. She let go of the herbs and the smoke rose once more. A cool breeze blew in through the open window and rattled the bones hanging from the ceiling of the hut. The troll nodded, her pink braids falling off her shoulder and cascading down her back.
 “Jes, I be knowin’ he not be dead.” She reached for the letter and crumpled it in her hand. “’Ee tinks I be killin’ ‘im.” She threw her head back and cackled loudly. As she returned back to her original position, she glared at the smoking skull. “Cristianno lives. Da Admiral betta be ready when I be visitin’. ‘Ee be helpin’ me find Cristianno, or I be takin’ ‘is ‘eart.”
Her body rose from the chair and she walked to a counter covered with herbs and plants. She reached up for a box and pulled out a cigar. Lighting it the snap of her fingers, she inhaled and blew out a large smoke circle. “’Oo be dat killed on da ship? And where be Cristianno?” It frustrated her that her link with the elf pirate was gone. She broke it when she broke his bind with the spirit world. She didn’t have hair samples, blood samples, or nail clippings. She had to work on another way to find him. “Where joo be, Cristianno.” Another puff of smoke surrounded her.
 “Uh..Tia…Tia’Zula?” a squeaky voice called out from outside the hut’s door.
 “Wat?”
 “Can…I come in now? I’m hungry and I’m done burying the bones you asked me to bury.”
The troll rolled her eyes and unlocked the door. A small goblin walked in, shivering and avoiding eye contact with the witch. She quickly served herself a cold spoonful of gruel and sat at the table, next to the smoking skull. The troll stared at the goblin and slowly smiled. Perhaps there was a way to find out where the pirate was hiding. The goblin lifted her head and looked up at the troll. Her little blue eyes began to water and she quickly went back to her food.
“I be sendin’ joo on a mission, girl.”
The goblin looked up. “Wh-what kind of mission?”
Tia walked toward the goblin and grinned widely. “Da mission dat be savin’ joor life if joo be successful.” The goblin shivered in her seat as the troll glared at her wickedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment