155. Gerty - Tagging Along


Gerty gets ready to meet with Ziggly and the ship.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Do you really have to leave? Now?” The blonde dwarf sat at the edge of the bed, her legs dangling a bit over the ground.  Gerty smiled as she stuffed her clothes carelessly into her bag.
“That’s how it goes. As soon as the Captain says to go, I go.”
 “But…what about me?”
“Ismay, I told you that you could come with me.”
The blonde woman sighed and shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. What do I know about pirates?”
 “You’ll keep the lady company. I promise that the Captain won’t want her doing too much in a few months.”
 “Months? That long?”
 “Or more. Depending on our success.” Gerty closed her bag and placed it on the floor. She walked toward Ismay and held her hands. “Come with me. You’d be protected. Main crew. If anyone tries anything, the Captain will kill them. If he doesn’t, I will.”
Ismay looked up and smiled at Gerty. “What about my family?”
 “You’ve been living with us for a while. They kicked you out, remember? For wanting to be with me? Will they really miss you?”
Ismay sighed and frowned. “I know but…”
“You’ll be with me.” Gerty knelt in front of her and looked up into her saddened eyes. “You know I’ll take care of you.”
 With a faint smile, Ismay nodded and Gerty reached up to kiss her. “But Gerty, I don’t have much clothes. What will I wear?”
“The lady will think of something. You two can make clothes or whatever you want to do.”
Ismay chuckled and nodded. She glared at Gerty playfully. “I’m not going to get jealous of the lady, am I?”
Gerty laughed and kissed Ismay’s hands. “I do call her the same way that the Captain does: Lovely, but elves are too tall for me. “ She kissed Ismay again and smiled at her, “You’re just right.”
The two dwarves finished packing, said goodbye to Gerty’s family and went on their way to Stormwind, where Gerty informed Ismay that they would be picked up in the middle of the water outside town.

No comments:

Post a Comment