160. Visiting the Alcove

Cris returns to Orgrimmar to visit the alcove and its guardian.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


            The arrival to Orgrimmar was quick, thanks to the portal. He was getting used to travelling by portals and the idea of magic didn’t bother him as much as it used to. However, he was focused on the task at hand: find the troll and get out of Orgrimmar as quickly as possible. The whispers around town confirmed what he had heard. Garrosh wasn’t exactly the favorite leader in many’s eyes, and Cristianno smiled brightly under the large brimmed hat that hid his red hair and blue green eyes.
He walked into a local tavern and sat at a table. It wasn’t long before a troll sat at his table. She casually looked around, avoiding eye-contact with Cristianno and then she said, “Da seas be calm at night.”
“During the day, they burn so bright.” He smiled and lifted his hat a bit. “Right on time, Toya.” The troll smiled, his small tusks pulling back her lips. She rose from the chair and led him away from the tavern, the city, and anyone who may be dangerous. After all, Cristianno was supposed to be dead and if he wasn’t, the Horde would make sure that he was. No traitors were allowed in the Horde, and the symbol branded on his chest with dagger scars crossing it out were a sure sign of his betrayal.
They walked outside the city and toward the mountains, where the alcove was hidden. They didn’t speak until they reached the safety of the alcove, which was hidden with magic. Once inside, Cristianno removed his outfit and let his hair down. The troll sat on a boulder and watched him. “So I’m here. What’s so urgent?”
“Da alcove be gettin’ full, Captain. Joo need ta sell some tings.”
Cris laughed and shook his head. “That’s why I have you. Pick some things and put them up for auction.” He walked toward a pile of gems that glistened in the small rays of light that peeked in through the natural cracks above them. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say this was a trap, but then again, I trust you, Toya.”
The troll, La’Toya, smiled and said, “Dis be no trap, Captain, but I do wanta talk about ma sistah.”
Nodding and dropping some of the gems back into the pile, he asked, “Have you heard from her?”
“No, Captain, but I know where she be.” Her voice lowered a bit and she sighed, “She be mad. I dunno ‘ow in da world we be related.” Both she and Cris laughed a little. “I be sensin’ something bad, Captain. Joo bettah be safe.”
“We are, Toya.  We are.” He wandered casually around the piles of stolen and acquired treasure. “So, where is she?” He looked down at a golden platter and he picked it up.
“She be on ‘er island. She was ‘ere not too long ago. We be fightin’ ‘bout joo.” Cris smiled and chuckled. “I do no care about ‘er mad desire ta kill joo.” Cris lifted his eyes and glanced at Toya. “Joo do know dat, right?”
“Of course.” He dropped the platter and continued to walk around the piles. “Did she say anything else?”
The troll, who had now sat on a rock, nodded. “Congratulations on being a fathah.” This made Cris stop and glance at her. For a moment, he remained silent, simply staring, but he gave her a soft smile and returned to observing the piles.
“So she does know.”
“Joo did no tell me.”
“I haven’t seen you in a while.”
“Dis be when I sense somethin’ off. She be too ‘appy to know dis. Dat little goblin wit ‘er, she be tellin’ me dat ma sistah be messin’ with strongah magic.” Toya stood from the rock and followed Cristianno to another area of the alcove.
“More than usual?” He reached down and saw clocks, paintings, and knick-knacks.
“Aye. She be misbehavin’.”
Cris nodded and looked at another pile of items. “As long as you’re not, that’s all I care about.”
Toya laughed and stood behind Cris. “When I be misbehavin’, Captain?”
“You are sisters, Toya.”
“Aye, but we not be alike. She be much older than me. Joo can no tell, eh? She be grown up when I be born. But we be lookin’ similar in age. Do not let ‘er fool joo, Captain. She be minglin’ in dark magics. Me, I only deal wit da nature magics. If it be my time ta die, I would be fine wit dat. Tia no like dat. Dat be why she still be younga.” La’Toya shook her head and looked down at a pile of treasures. Jus be careful, Captain.
Cris walked to La’Toya and placed his hands on her arms. “Toya, I trust you. You haven’t given me reason not to. Thank you for your concern.” The troll nodded and smiled. “Now, let’s see what we need to sell. You’re right. I have a lot of junk here.” The troll followed Cris around in the alcove, picking out the right objects to sell. The trip did not last too long and soon, Cris was on his way back to Pandaria, where he would soon find an empty home.

No comments:

Post a Comment