169. Jako Meets with Pina Once Again

Jako gets another visit from the little goblin with bad news.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“You failed.”

“I delivered her damn message. What more does she want?”

“She doesn’t have the Captain yet.”

“Then tell her to deliver her own damn messages! Shit, I have to fucking deal with an over-hormonal woman who is spewing threats of her own against Tia! Have her deal with her!”

“That is none of your concern. You have not delivered yet.”

“Look, tell her that the deal is off. I don’t want any of her bullshit anymore. Screw the seas and the riches. None of that is worth all this bullshit. You know how much time I’ve wasted on this damn island chasing them all down? I’m sick of this! Tell her to come down here and deal with it herself!” The human slammed his fist onto the table and leaned back against his chair in the darkened corner of the tavern. Leaning against the wall, standing beside him, was Ammar, the silent draenei who watched for intruders who dared to listen in on the conversation. Across from the human was a small goblin with a hooded cloak, covering most of her head, with her eyes slightly glowing from beneath. That caught the human off-guard because he knew they didn’t glow the other times they had met. 

“Jako,” the goblin said softly, almost timidly, “I understand that you are hesitant, but the sooner you come through with your end of the bargain, the sooner Tia will leave you alone. That’s the way it works.”

Jako laughed and leaned toward the goblin, “You don’t get it, pipsqueak. I ain’t doing shit for her anymore. Do you hear that, Tia? I know you can hear me through this puppet of yours! I ain’t doing shit for you anymore!”

Pina frowned. “Look, I know you’re frustrated…”

“I’m done with this! Fuck you.” As Jako rose, he cringed in agony, collapsing onto the table before hitting the floor. Ammar was about to touch him when he saw the goblin’s little hand stretched out, pointing at Jako. The draenei wasn’t stupid. 

“I’m sorry about that, Jako, but she’s still waiting. Follow through, or this will get worse.” Pina sighed and looked at Ammar apologetically. 

“Hey! Make this pain stop!” Jako shrieked.

“Don’t worry. A few more seconds.” Pina walked away silently and sighing softly.

When he finally felt some sort of relief, he tried to get up, with Ammar’s help, which he shrugged off. He sat on the chair and rubbed his head. “We’ll have to get them a little at a time. That should teach Wolf and his fucking family.” Ammar sighed and looked away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment