176. A Meeting of Devils

Tia'Zula is meeting with an undead warlock who could possibly make up her coven of misfits. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I be worried joo not wanna be ‘ere. Pina be sayin’ joo a very busy man.” The troll walked back to the table with a pot of tea and teacups. She placed them on the wooden table and sat across from the undead man, who appeared to be this skeletal thin creature with pale, gray skin. He wore a simple dark robe with long sleeves that covered beyond his fingertips, and a dark hood over his head, which only revealed a metal jaw. His slim, paper thin skinned hand reached out for the teacup, clinking against the jaw as he drank. “I be ‘onored by joo visitin’ me.”

The jaw opened and a low, mellow, raspy voice manifested from the undead man, “The honor is all mine. You are known deep in the lowest circles of scum and villainy. To be contacted by you was something unexpected.” 

The goblin, Pina, turned to Tia, who stared at the undead man. She was reading him closely, making sure that any word he said wasn’t meant as an insult. Pina was worried, however, Tia smiled and chuckled. “Joo be a charma, Masta Eyn. Pina been tellin’ me about joor ways of talkin’. I be takin’ dat as a compliment.” The undead’s natural upper lip curled up and she knew he was smiling. “I wanna tank joo fo’ teachin’ Pina the ways of da warlock. Very important fo’ us.” 

“She learns quick. It would have been quicker, but she’s so lazy. So, how can I help you?” Master Eyn calmly asked. 

Tia smiled and folded her hands in front of her. “I be makin’ an offa fo’ joo. I want joo ta work fo’ me.” The undead looked at her, no tell-tale sign of his decision. “Well?”

“Why?”

“Joo be a talented warlock. I be needin’ someone ta work fo’ me.” This caused the undead man to look at Pina then back to Tia, rolling his eyes.

“Like I said, the lowest of scum.”

Tia’s smile slowly faded and she placed her hands on the table. “Now dat be insulting, Masta Eyn, but come wit me. I be showin’ joo wat joo need.” The troll rose from the table and walked out the hut. Pina gestured to Eyn to follow, and the undead rose as well, his long robe flowing behind him. He squinted in the sun and his eyes fell upon three wooden cages, containing a goblin, a gnome, and a human.”

“I know joo be hungry, Master Eyn.” She gestured toward the cages. “Go ahead, take joor pick.” Eyn glanced at her, furrowing his brows. “I be gettin’ slaves fo’ sale in Booty Bay. Dis three be for whateva I wanna do. Please, go ahead.”

The undead warlock stared at the cages and looked at Pina, who leaned against a post and nodded. He didn’t have to be told twice. He walked to the goblin, who didn’t interest him. He then moved to the gnome, who begged him not to kill her. He saw her as someone with potential, but when he walked to the human’s cage, she looked at him and plainly said, “I’m not afraid of you.” Eyn’s upper lip curled and he extended his hand into the cage, causing the girl to fall and scream in pain. Tia saw how the human’s soul was leaving her body and rushing toward Eyn. She smirked. He was exactly what she wanted.

The undead walked toward Tia and curled his lip. “I don’t understand.”

“It be simple, Masta Eyn. Joo be gettin’ joor souls, save some for me. Dat’s it.”

“That’s it?” He looked at Pina again and she nodded once more. “Tia’Zula, we have a deal.” He shook the troll’s hand and returned to the hut. 


Tia looked at Pina and grinned widely. “ ‘Ee be a ‘andsome devil, eh?” With a soft cackle, she returned to the hut.

No comments:

Post a Comment