76. Time to Collect - Part 2

Cris receives Ziggly's news, as well as other undesired alerts he's well used to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


            The Bluffs were quiet and fresh after the recent rainfall. The auburn haired elf tried to get up from the mat where he slept. However, with his wife gripping tightly onto him, moving was not an option, so he stayed still, until he heard a noise outside the tent. With his free hand, he reached for his gun and pointed it at the entryway.
            “Ex-excuse me, I’m looking for uh…Captain Seawolf?”
            Cris narrowed his eyes and called out, “Who’s asking?”
            The mage stepped into view with an envelope. His eyes were widened at the sight of the gun. Cris glanced down at Niela and quickly covered her head with the sheets to protect her identity. “I…I have to deliver this…this letter to him. Please don’t shoot!”
            With a sigh, he gestured the elf toward him and put his gun down. “Give me that thing and get lost.” As soon as the letter was in his hand, the mage blinked out and his rapid footsteps could be heard moving away from the tent. Cris opened the letter and read it quickly. “What the fuck, Zig?” He looked down at Niela and grimaced. “I have to go, my love,” he whispered, but she didn’t move at all. Her deep sleep was unnerving to him, but she continued to breathe normally, so he wasn’t too alarmed.
            What did start to alarm him was that he felt a pain in his chest, like a mild case of heartburn, but he knew too well what that pain was. It was time to seek for a soul. According to the letter, Tia had to speak to him about it, but if that was the case, why didn’t she send him the letter herself? Why was Ziggly in the middle of it all?
            He looked down at Niela again and sighed, “I hate leaving her alone. Maybe I can get someone to look after her.” He tried to move from under her, prying himself free form her tightened grip. She shifted a little but she continued to be in her deep sleep. “I’m sorry, my love, but I can’t have you worry about this. Not right now.” He grabbed his bag, scribbled on a piece of parchment “I love you- C” and ran out, straight to the flight master, who would get him a flight to Orgrimmar, and he would find a passage to the ship immediately.
            Once he arrived at Sun’s Reach Harbor, he ran to The Lucky Wench, his ship, looking around desperately. “Zig! Tia! I’m back!”
            Ziggly emerged from the cabin and rubbed his eyes. “What time is it?”
            “It’s afternoon. What’s wrong? What does Tia want? Where is she?”
            The goblin shrugged. “Hell if I know.”
            Cris glared at his friend. “You said she needed to speak to me.” Ziggly chuckled and nodded with a “yeah.” With a roll of his eyes, Cris walked toward the goblin, “Then what the fuck was the good news?”
            “Hmm? Oh that I found a way to get you here quickly. The fuckers over at the SSO, SSI, SS-whatever, want you to pay for your ship docking fees or we’re losing the ship. So, pay up, bitch.”
            “I should fucking you kill you right now, asshole,” Cris growled, his hand clawing over to grab Ziggly.
            Ziggly narrowed his eyes and growled back, “You’re too pussy-whipped to think about your ship, so I needed a way to get you here before you lost her. Your ship, that is. Not your bitch. That’s why it had to be urgent, so don’t give me this ‘you’re going to kill me’ bullshit!” Cris took a step forward and swung his arm toward his own chest, holding on tightly. Ziggly sighed and rolled his eyes, “Great, you haven’t been taking care of yourself, have you?”
            With a struggled chuckle, Cris glared at Ziggly. “It just started today, around the time I got your stupid letter. That’s why I thought this was urgent.”
            Ziggly laughed, “I guess I just have good timing. Go pay the fucking fee and we’ll figure out something.”
            “No, I need to contact Tia. She needs to go take care of her.”
            “Take care of who? And why?”
            Cris shook his head as the pain in his chest subsided. “Some…blood elf wench…”
            “Why tell Tia?” Ziggly grinned, “when you have me to take care of her all night long. Why get the witchdoctor involved when I too can play doctor? I’ve got the tools.”
            Each of the goblin’s words simply enraged Cris, but he smirked. “If you weren’t my fucking friend, I would blow your fucking brains out right now.”
            “Well then, she ain’t some sort of wench, now is she?” Ziggly’s voice suddenly turned serious, the grin becoming a mischievous smile.
            “Fuck you.” Cris marched off the ship, heading toward the Shattered Sun Offensive office. His hand remained on his chest and beads of sweat were starting to form along his forehead.
            As Ziggly followed closely behind him, he thought to himself, Now I really need to figure out who this wench he spends all his free time with is before he loses his fucking head again.

No comments:

Post a Comment