124. Messages

Good news and bad news all on the same day. 
(explicit language)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Snowflakes snuck into the tent as he returned, shaking off more flakes once he was inside. Winterspring had not been his idea for a hideout location, but Alaia loved the cold weather and when she surprised him with their arrival, he simply sighed and gave in. It was close to Winter Veil anyway and he wanted to see her happy.

Cristianno chuckled as he held two envelopes in his hand. The large brimmed hat was removed off his blonde head and the large wool poncho flew off his shoulders while he smiled at Alaia. “They wrote to me!” Alaia looked up from her sewing work and smiled. Cristianno ripped the first envelope open. It was slightly singed and the writing was in the Alliance common language.
            “Gerty,” he said and his blue-green eyes scanned the letter.

            Captain,

                        Don’t forget that I’m still here! Being back in Ironforge was great. I got some new recipes to try and I heard of some real good shipments being made in the coming year. Like I said, being here in Ironforge was good, but home is back at sea. I know you haven’t forgotten me, but let’s get sailing as soon as possible, aye? Hello to the lovely one. I can’t wait to show her these cookies I found out about.

            Awaiting your signal,
            -G-

            Cristianno smiled and as he folded the letter, he said, “Gerty says hello.”
            Alaia stopped her sewing and looked up, strands of copper falling over her face. “Oh? How is she doing?”
            “Good. She wants to show you some of her new baking skills.” Alaia giggled and returned to her sewing. Cristianno took the less attractive envelope and shook his head. He could tell right away that the writer was his old friend.

            Fucker Dear Fucker,
                       
                        There, bitch. I was fucking formal. We got a ship and I think it’s badass! She’s going to be the best ship we’ve ever had! Don’t give me no fucking bullshit, pussy, or I’ll fuck you up. Yeah, I know what the fuck you’re going to say “but it’s hideous!” Too fucking bad! It’s going to be good, just you watch. Hey, I found me some hot ass wenches and trust me, my fucking dick is sore! I would have saved some ass for you, but you’ve fucking pussy-whipped by that wench of yours, so too bad. Anyway, say the word and I’ll set out to pick you up. When are we getting that bitch Gerty? Let me know.

            The mother-fucking pimp

            Cristianno broke out in laughter and Alaia turned to look at him with a sweet smile. “Zig mentioned you.”
            “He thought of me. How nice of him.” With a smirk, she looked down at her sewing once more and Cris finished chuckling.
            “He has a ship. We’re ready to set out again. Gerty has some targets in mind as well. We should be back in business soon.”
            “You still need that name,” Alaia reminded him without lifting her eyes off her work. Cris sighed and nodded.
            “Yes, I know. Something will hit me. Eventually.” He smiled at her giggle and stepped out of the tent, rubbing his arms as the chill hit his skin. The environment was different. They had spent weeks in Outlands, enjoying warm temperatures and lush, green sceneries, and now they had returned to Azeroth in anticipation of his return to the sea, and all he could see was white snow blanketing the entire land. He stretched his arms up and took a deep, cold breath of air. He’d be back out on the sea once more and life would be back to normal.
            He heard a loud pitched sound and he looked up. The bird above him hovered for a moment before heading toward Cristianno. He recognized the bird and extended his arm out, knowing that the bird’s sharp claws would dig into his flesh. The bird landed on one talon and pecked at Cristianno’s chest.
            “Theron?” He winced at the pecks and tried to calm the hawk owl down. “What’s wrong? Where’s…” He stopped before he asked and noticed a singed piece of cloth gripped tightly in his other talon. “Let go, Theron.” The bird seemed to refuse to let go of the cloth. “I’ll give it back, I promise.” The owl let go and Cris examined the red cloth carefully. “Something’s not right,” he whispered. He gave the cloth back, as promised, and lifted him up, causing Theron to fly up from his arm.
            “Where is she?” The hawk owl squawked and Cris nodded, running into the tent. He reached for his hat, his cloak, his bag, and checked his gun for bullets. Alaia watched him and put her sewing down, quickly rising to her feet.
            “What’s going on?”
            “I need to go.” Cristianno kissed her and looked into her eyes. “I love you and only you, but I know she’s in trouble.” He held her in his arms, waiting for her to say anything, but she rarely did. Alaia nodded and Cris whispered, “I’ll be back before you know it and we’ll spend our first Winter Veil together. I promise.” The hawk owl squawked again and Cris sighed, reluctantly releasing Alaia and rushing out of the tent.
            “Let’s go, Theron.” Cris placed the hat over his head and wrapped the cloak around him, following the bird as the snow began to fall harder. Alai watched him as he left. She bit her lip and sighed, her eyes falling upon the snowy boot prints he left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment