60. No Choice

The magical tome has infuriated Cris due to someone's writing and Tia has decided to handle the situation the only way she knows how...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



            “Give me my bloody book back, Tia.”
            “No. It be doin’ mo’ ‘arm den gud. She be breakin’ joo again and I don’ like it!”
            “Well if you gave me my damn book back, I would be able to see what’s wrong with her!”
            “If I giv joo da book, joo be yellin’ at the book, not ‘er. Joo don’ even know where joo be!”
            Cris glared at Tia, who stood close to him, but had her large blue arms wrapped around the magic book where messages were scribed and stored. Rain had mentioned she had been entrapped. Rain had mentioned she was free. Rain. Furiously, Cris screamed at the book and threatened to kill anyone who had hurt her, but Tia only saw Cris yelling at a book. Just a book. She took it away, wrote a message in it and slammed it shut, keeping it away from him.
            “I would know where we were if you simply let me get off this damn beach! Hell, Lenny probably found some escape and left! I need to get out of here!”
            “Fo’ what? To see dis Rain again?”
            “Among other things.”
            Tia’Zula walked closer to him, the bonfire’s bright orange light lighting her skin. “Joo need ta kill dat girl. Stop bein’ so distracted. It be almos’ sunrise and dis be joor last chance. I don’ want da father tah kill joo.”
            “So what? Maybe I deserve to be killed!” He ran his hands through his hair and growled, glaring at Tia. “You know what, Tia? I don’t need you. I can handle this all by myself. Give me my fucking book back and get the hell away from me.”
            Tia glowered at him silently for a moment. “Joo don’ need me, eh?” Her blue hand reached out to his neck and gripped the shark tooth firmly. “Den joo don’ need dis.” In a single motion, she yanked the shark tooth piercing off his neck, the titanium metal tearing the flesh. Blood began to fall down his chest and the pain was so extreme, Cris’ widened eyes saw blurry as he fell onto the sand.
            “Fucking…bitch.”
            “I be leavin’ nao. Joo be dead in a few hours.” However, the troll didn’t leave. She dropped the book and walked toward the aching elf, whose fingers tried to grip handfuls of sand as if he were trying to get a hold of something. His auburn hair was scrawled along the sand and his back arched up, grimacing as he growled between his teeth. Tia couldn’t help but give a soft, cruel chuckle. “Wat be da matter, Cristianno? Joo look like joo be in pain.”
            “Okay…okay!” He gasped, wincing. “I’m…I’m sorry!”
            “I dunno, elf.” She looked at the tooth in her hand and smiled. “Joo no be takin’ dis gift seriously.”
            “I…I will!”
            “So da girl dies today.”
            “Y-yes…”
            “Yes wat?”
            “Yes. She…she dies today.”
            Tia smirked and straddled him, pressing hard against his chest so that he would straighten, parallel to the ground. One hand caressed his face tenderly. “Remembah, Cristianno, joo don’ mess wit da voodoo. I da only one dat can ‘elp joo.” A faint green light emerged from her fingers as she located the tooth back on his neck. Cris stopped writhing and soon felt no pain. His wound was closing around the piercing, as if it had never been removed if it wasn’t for the blood on his chest. Cris took a deep breath, the remaining souls rejoining his body. Tia laughed and stood. “Nao get up, Cristianno. Joo ‘ave sum plannin’ ta do.”
            Cris slowly sat up and touched the shark tooth. The area around the titanium hook was still tender but he was fine. Taking another deep breath, he stood and humbly walked to Tia’s side. “What do we do after she…”
            “Davy be eatin’ well. Den we go.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “She be worth mebbe three weeks.” She walked behind him, wrapping her large arms around his smaller form. “No remorse, Cristianno. Kill ‘er and let’s go. Joor friends be needin’ joo.” She kissed his neck and gazed at the darkness ahead, where the human camp, which was slowly turning into a town, was located.
            Cris simply stared and nodded rather quickly. “Yeah…just…just kill her and go.” He closed his eyes at the touch of her lips and sighed, his hands turning into tight fists.

No comments:

Post a Comment