86. She

Cris has arrived to Booty Bay, visiting old friends. However, this old friend is about to get hit with the details of his current life.


"She" by Abney Park
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


            The rumors of his eminent arrival had already filled the morning air by the time the blonde human female stirred in her silken bed. A simple knock on the door and a friend sticking her head in squealing “He’s coming!” was enough for the woman to smile brightly and lift herself off the comforts of her down pillows. She opened her drapes slightly and allowed the first rays of sunlight to hit her nude body. Her long, blonde hair fell over her breasts and she was filled with excitement and anticipation. She hadn’t seen him in a long while. The last time he was in town, he didn’t even bother to visit her, but the rumors had said he was planning a trip down to the establishment. Finally, she was able to hold him once more and remind him of how much she longed to be with him. Grabbing her violet, silk robe, she wrapped her body and walked into the hallway, claiming her spot to be the next one to wash up. The other girls who were familiar with him were rushing to get ready as well, but as soon as they saw her in the hallway, their excitement died rather quickly. She was the one who usually got his attention. She was the one he favored.
            She was Brisa.
            The Bay’s Booty’s proprietor, Jonah Lucas walked out of his room only to be startled by the activity in the hallway. “What the fuck is going on here?” he shouted. The women stopped for moment and ignored him, except for what appeared to be a young new girl.
            “Something about someone coming, sir.”
            Jonah wasn’t amused, “Who’s coming?” The young red head shrugged and followed him as he walked down the hallway. Half-naked women simply ignored him, turning to each other and whispering. “Who’s the fuck has you wenches all riled up?” He stopped and turned to see Brisa, her head leaning against the wall and her violet eyes shifting to see him.
            “Wolf,” she simply said. Jonah blinked, his eyes growing wider, along with his smile.
            “Well dammit! We have to get this place ready! He turned and rushed, his blue robe flowing behind him. He looked at the young red-head girl and grabbed her arm. “But first…you.” He dragged her into his room and locked the door.
            Brisa turned back, her lips whispering the word she had told Jonah. She smiled and shivered, imagining how it would be to once more feel his arms around her. Her reveries distracted her that she almost missed out on her bath, but she managed to grab the elf’s hair and pull her back from the wash room before her spot was taken.
            After her bath, she walked back to her room, a towel covering only her chest as she squeezed the water out of her golden hair. Each step made her feel as if she were walking on clouds. This was Wolf, the man she dreamed about for several years. He wasn’t just another customer, but rather a man with needs and she knew exactly how to satisfy him. He had told her time and time again. He was one of the few men who dared treat her like a woman, instead of a common whore. Roses were occasionally delivered from him, their pillow talk consisted of smart conversations, and she still had a large bottle of sanguine hibiscus perfume that he had given her. There were times she refused to charge him. Her evenings with him were sacred to her and she longed for the day that he would sweep her off her feet and take her away from the brothel.
            Only that she knew he wouldn’t. He never would. That conversation was one of the cruelest discussions she ever had with him. As Brisa walked back to the bed to begin changing, she could hear their words clearly in her mind.

            “Wolf, please! I alone know what it’s like to be the type of woman you need. You said so yourself!”
            “Brisa, love, I said that if circumstances were different, I would immediately accept you as my mate.”
            “How are they any different, Wolf?”
            “Brisa, you’re a whore.”
            “Wolf…”
            He held her in his arms and kissed her head gently, “I respect the profession. You ladies are not just some random toy to use and throw away. I see how hard it is for you sometimes, but I’m a proud man, love. I will be so uncomfortable walking around while men stare at you, remembering the nights they had with you.”
            “We could go away! Anywhere! You know I would go anywhere with you.”
            “Brisa, this is Booty Bay. Everyone comes here.”
            “Wolf, please…”
            “I’m sorry, my love. I appreciate your loyalty, your love, your tenderness, but I just can’t.”
           
            Her fingertips traced the silken pillowcase as she sighed. She would never belong to him, but if he was still single, as he was the last time she saw him, a night with him would be as close to true happiness as she could get. A chill ran up her skin as she reached for her corset. She changed into her best dress, showing just enough cleavage and with enough buttons for any desperate man to simply tear the outfit apart. She loved it when he did that, after all.
            Once she was ready, Brisa brushed her hair and sprayed herself with perfume. It was time. She was ready for him. It had taken the whole day and she avoided customers to remain clean for him. As the day passed, she began to pace around the parlor, waiting. Jonah, behind the bar, shook his head and laughed.
            “Desperate much, dear?”
            Brisa stopped and glared at him. “No. I just…He was here last time he travelled and he never stopped in.”
            Jonah laughed. “He said he was coming. I’m sure he will, besides, it sounds like Ziggly’s hungry.” He waggled his eyebrows and laughed. Brisa rolled her violet eyes and continued to pace. As the evening arrived, Brisa, now seated on one of the cushioned seats, lifted her head as the door flew open.
            “Ladies! Daddy’s home!” The goblin laughed and grinned widely. Several of the woman, particular trolls and goblins, ran to him, showering him with kisses. Brisa sat up, watching the door closely. Then, he walked in. He was just as she remembered him: a tall elf with long auburn hair, usually tied to the side and over his shoulder. His eyes were almost blue, if it weren’t for the hints of green. He looked like the man of her dreams, even though her dreams were mere fantasies.
            “Wolf! Welcome back!” Jonah shouted, lifting a mug as he welcomed him.
            “Jonah, you ass, the place looks great!” He continued to walk. The women were starting to hover around the elf and Brisa smiled, biding her time. “Ladies, please!” He chuckled as he made his way to the bar. He took the mug and drank its content in one shot. The ladies giggled around him, their hands swarming his torso before they heard her voice.
            “I believe the gentleman owes me a drink.” The women whimpered and slithered away. Wolf turned and smiled as Brisa walked toward him. “Hello, Wolf.”
            “Brisa. It’s been a while. You look beautiful, as usual.”
            “Oh shut it, Wolf. You tell that to all the women.”
            “You know me well.” She slipped into his arms and planted a kiss on his lips, something he didn’t deny her. “Are you staying long?”
            “No, I just came to recruit crewmembers. I have a tight-ass onboard who needs to get to Stormwind tomorrow.”
            Brisa pouted and smiled at him, “Well then, I better get my time alone with you now, hm?” She took his hand and tugged at him. Wolf placed his mug on the bar and shrugged, smiling at Jonah as he followed her up the stairs and into her bedroom. She walked toward the bed and gestured for him to follow her, but he stood against the door. She furrowed her brows and asked, “What’s…wrong?”
            “Brisa… I can’t do this. Not anymore.”
            She looked at him blankly. “Did someone cut your dick off?”
            Wolf smiled and shook his head, “No, but, I’m taken.”
            “So? You have fucked me while you were with others before.” She stood and walked toward him, her hands tugging at his red sash. His hands moved to stop her.
            “This is different, Brisa. I just can’t anymore.”
            “Wolf, unless you’re trying to tell me that you’re married, this isn’t any different!” She continued to tug at his sash when she noticed his silence. Her eyes met his. “You’re….married?” Quickly, she reached for his left hand, looking for a ring. “No, there’s no proof. You’re not!”
            “Brisa, I don’t need a ring to prove that I am.”
            “No…you’re Wolf! You can’t…be married.”
            “Brisa…”
            The woman backed away, tears filling her eyes. “You once said you would never marry! You’re Wolf!” She heard him sigh and she turned to wipe her eyes. “Why couldn’t it have been me? I would have been a good wife. I know you! I know what you need!”
            “Brisa, I already told you that I don’t…”
            “You don’t date whores! I know!” She screamed and sat on her bed, hands covering her face. Wolf walked toward her and sat beside her on the bed. “I have been nothing but good to you, Wolf.”
            “I know, love. I know. And I appreciate it. I tell everyone that one of my good friends is here. I trust you with my life.”
            “Then…why? Forget that I’m a whore. Just take me away. Make me your wife!” She turned and cried into his white shirt while he held her close. He kissed her head and leaned against her.
            “Brisa, I’m sorry.”
            She lifted her head and looked at her with red-rimmed eyes. “Take me with you, then. Please!”
            “What will Jonah say?”
            “I don’t care. I’m done. I only stayed here because I waited for you. I wanted to be your lover, your comfort when you arrived in town, but if you have no need for me like that anymore, then take me with you. I’ll find something to do. Please.”
            Wolf looked at her pleading eyes. “I don’t want any trouble if you see my wife.”
            “I promise I won’t. I’ll be kind. I wont’ say a word. Please, Wolf.” She dropped to her knees in front of him. “You know I’ve been loyal to you. I’ve heard things and told you about them.”
            “And you work well with that, Brisa. I have thanked you time and time again.”
            “Then?”
            Wolf sighed and closed his eyes. “I’ll…think about it. I need to return back here to dump the recruits after the job is done. We can discuss it then.” He lifted her off the ground and hugged her, resting his head against her belly. Brisa nodded and hugged him tightly.
            “I loved you, Wolf. Always have, but I would also give my life for you. Please remember that.”
            “I do, love. All the time.” He stood off the bed and kissed her cheek. “I’m heading back down and enjoy the evening. Please come with me.”
            Brisa nodded, “Let me… just wash up. Wouldn’t want them to think that you beat me or anything.” Wolf chuckled faintly and nodded. He walked out the door. As soon as the door closed, Brisa walked to her dresser and continued crying once more. Her dream man was gone. Her fantasies of being with him had dissipated. If she had to work for him in order to remain close to him, she would do it. If she had to play nice with is wife, she would do that. Her devotion to him was beyond belief.
            She looked in the mirror and noticed how miserable she looked. In a moment of rage, she screamed, reached for the bottle of sanguine hibiscus perfume and slammed it against the mirror, shattering both the glass and the bottle. It was only when the perfume overwhelmed her that she realized what she had done. She cried harder as she tried to piece the bottle together, but it was too late. The gift he had given her was gone, the same way the man she loved was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment