91. Back to Normal

After wandering aimlessly and meeting with his dear friend, Cris returns to Booty Bay and with Ziggly, understands the harshness of the life and death cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


            It was still early morning when Cristianno arrived at Booty Bay. He walked on the boardwalk, his hair still wet from the dip he took in the lake before he left Sholazar Basin. Each step he made was loud and resonant. He took a few more steps until he stopped in front of a female troll. Her pink braids flowed in the breeze and her gray eyes glared at the elf.
            “Where joo be, Cristianno?”
            “I was away, Tia.”
            “But where joo be?”
            “None of your business.”
            The troll folded her arms across her chest and growled softly. “Dalaena be lookin’ for joo.”
            “Then I’ll go find her. Excuse me.” Cris walked away from Tia’zula, but the troll cleared her throat. He stopped and sighed, turning to see her. “What?”
            “Wer be Ziggly?”
            “He’s not on the ship?”
            “ ‘Ee nowhere.”
            “Did you check the Bay’s Booty?”
            She let out a cackle. “I do no go der.”
            “Fine, I’ll find him.”
            As he walked away, she called out to him, “Wer be joor wife?” Cris stopped once more and slowly turned to see her. He glared at her coldly while she smirked back at him.
            “Get ready. We’re leaving as soon as I speak to Dalaena. And bring Misae. It’s time I get her back. I’ll leave her at the estate or something.” He turned back and continued to walk in the direction of the Bay’s Booty.
            The brothel was quiet as he entered. He found his goblin friend sleeping on a sofa surrounded by a female human and troll. Cris chuckled and reached for the long, green ear. With a tug, the goblin jumped up and reached for where his dagger was supposed to be, but when he didn’t find it, he looked up at the elf. “Oh fuck, it’s you, asshole.”
            “Good night?”
            “Eh.” The goblin pushed the sleeping women away and slid off the sofa. He pulled is pants up and looked up at Cris. “Where the fuck were you?”
            “Out. We’re leaving to Quel’thalas after I speak to Dalaena.” He patted Ziggly’s head and walked out of the brothel. Ziggly followed, dragging his feet behind him. “Good to see that you’ve coped with this.”
            “Oh, fuck you. Where were you? How many did you fuck last night?”
            Cris smirked and shook his head. “I didn’t go after any whore. You?”
            “Eight. Those two were extra.”
            “Laerchel was worried about you.”
            “Oh, Laerchel, eh? That’s who you were with last night.”
            “We just talked.”
            “Sure you did. How is she?”
            “Working like a good little spy.” Cris sat at the docks and looked down at the water below. “Life moves on, Zig.”
            “He didn’t seem like the kind who would die.”
            “Zig, we all die.”
            The goblin deadpanned his friend and shook his head. “I’m just saying…it was The Captain.” He sighed, his long ears drooping. “You do realize that he had me go with you to make sure you wouldn’t steal his shit, right? Told me that if you did, I was to bring back your body to him.”
            Cris chuckled. “I would do the same. If you or anyone from the crew broke off and decided to make their own crew, I would send a spy and have them killed if they got into my shit.”
            Ziggly smiled. “Good to know, bitch.”
            “Anytime, asshole.”
            The goblin glanced at the eternium gold ring on Cris' left ring finger. “So, married, huh?”
            “Yeah.”
            “I bet Laer wasn’t too happy about that.”
            Cris sighed and shook his head. “No. She’ll….she’ll be okay.”
            Ziggly patted his friend’s back, “Yeah. I’m sure she will.” He chuckled and they both looked out at the calm sea.
            “We gotta get going. Davina doesn’t know anything about why I left so soon.”
            “Oh that’s right, your wench wife is waiting for you.”
            Cris nodded and punched Ziggly hard in the arm. They both laughed and took one last glance at the sea. “Funny how shit happens, huh?”
            “Yeah. The Captain is dead, you’re married. Pretty soon, I’m gonna get old and die.”
            “And I’m going to laugh at you ‘cause I'll look the same.”
            “Sure, if I don’t kill you first.”
            “Try it bitch.”
            Ziggly grinned with his jagged smile and stood up. “Well, I guess I’ll start rounding up the crew.”
            “They’re already there. We’re just waiting for Tia. She went to go get Misae, and I need to speak with Dalaena. It won’t take long.” The goblin nodded and pulled on Cris’ hair.
            “See ya in a bit, captain.”
            Cristianno sat alone on the dock and took a deep breath. Life had moved on indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment