138. Returning Home: Gerty's Letter

A letter addressed to the McHaggert Family in Ironforge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear family,
We have been sailing for a while and after thinking and thinking, I think I’m going home. That is, if you’ll have me. After that last time I was there, I missed the whole lot. I promise to cook the whole time I’m there. The Captain likes it when I come up with new recipes. I’m also bringing lots of fish that we managed to keep on ice.
I managed to get a few pieces of loot that I saved and I want you to have it, momma. Pa, I had my friend on the ship make you a nice shirt, so expect that. I even managed to get something for little Ian. I can’t wait to see you all.
Love ya,
Gerty

The ginger-haired dwarf smiled brightly and ran around the stone home in Ironforge, waving the letter in his hand. “Pa! Pa! She’s coming back!”
The elder dwarf looked up and removed the pipe from his lips. “My baby girl?”
“Yes, Pa. She says she’s coming home for a while. I’m gonna tell momma.”
“Martin, tell her that I’m gonna go get a better mattress for my girl. She deserves ta be comfortable.” The young dwarf nodded and ran up the stairs to the home. The elder dwarf smiled and continued to smoke his pipe, muttering. “That’s my baby girl.”

No comments:

Post a Comment