137. Returning Home: Kyl's Letter

A letter addressed to Syndril Solarblaze, Silvermoon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Brother,
It has been like forever since the last time I saw you. I know I never said sorry for all the crap that happened. Father just kicked me out and I ran. I went to all these weird-ass places! I can’t wait to tell you about them!
Dude! I’m a pirate! Can you imagine that? Who would have thought that I would be a fucking pirate? Yeah, I have to do all the shitty stuff, but hey, at least I don’t have to deal with the shit that father has us doing, right?
How’s that going, anyway? I hope he isn’t pushing you around or anything. I promised to get you out of the Farstriders and I’m gonna! It’s taking a bit longer than I expected, but once I get paid, I’m gonna go find you! Brother’s promise! Hey! Maybe you can join me, right? I’m sure the captain ain’t gonna care. He needs like all the help he can get.
Anyway, I’m missing you tons, bro. I’m gonna rescue you. Just you wait. I’m gonna…

The letter was immediately crumpled and shoved into a pocket. The young blood elf sighed and turned as soon as he heard footsteps. The Bazaar was occupied as usual, but he recognized his father’s footsteps among the crowd.
 “What are you doing near the mailbox?”
 “Nothing, sir. Just waiting for you.”
His father stared at him and turned around, his dark hair flowing behind him like a cape. “Let’s go. We must continue your training.”
The elf nodded, “Yes, sir,” and followed behind his father, patting his pocket once, just to make sure the letter was still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment