13. Haunting Thoughts


I’m not leaving without her…I love you, Kahl…I just wanted to make things right for us…I’m sorry… I’m not leaving without her…I love you, Kahl…I just wanted to make things right for us…I’m sorry… I’m not leaving without her…I love you, Kahl…I just wanted to make things right for us…I’m sorry… I’m not leaving without her…I love you, Kahl…I just wanted to make things right for us…I’m sorry…



“His hand is twitching again, Tia,” Ziggly said, watching Cristianno closely. Several days had passed and his hand was the only reaction they had seen from him.

            “Sumtin’ mus’ be botherin’ ‘im.”

Ziggly touched the twitching hand. “What is it, Cris?” He sighed and walked away from his friend, pacing around the small hut. “Tia?”

“Ya, mon?”

“He…he’s going to be alright, right?”

Tia glanced at Cris and looked back down at her herbs, which she was separating and placing into jars. “I dunno. I don’ wanna say yes an’ hav ‘im be sum kinda zombie.”

The goblin stopped and glared at her, to which Tia, still glancing down at the herbs and jars, started laughing. “I did no summon a zombie, Ziggly. Calm jooself down. Sumtin’ be botherin’ ‘im and I wonda if dat be wat is holdin’ ‘im back.”

Ziggly looked at Cris and walked toward him. “Is that it, Cris? You’re being held back by something?” Ziggly looked around, thinking of what it could be. He narrowed his eyes and snarled a bit. “I bet you it’s that wench.”

“Mebbe joo need ta tell ‘er to come an’ wake ‘im up.”

“No! No! He will never have anything to do with her!” Ziggly waved his arms frantically. “Besides, she thinks he’s dead.”

“I see.”

Ziggly leaned close to his friend and said, “Forget her, Cris. She wanted you dead. She wanted to free herself of you.” Cris’ hand twitched again and Ziggly shook his head. “No, Cris. That’s over.” He sat on the floor and against the bed. “Look, get better and I’ll drag you into The Bay’s Booty and you can have all the fun you want.” Tia looked up at Ziggly, shook her head and went back to her jars. “We’ll do anything to get bitch out of your head.” He glanced at Tia. “Tia, make him forget.”

Tia’zula chuckled and looked at Cris. “Joo can try as much as joo want to make ‘im forget, but if ‘is heart do not wanna forget, joo can’t do anytin’ ‘bout it.”

“Oh,” Ziggly glanced at Cris. “He’ll forget her. He’ll be surrounded by wenches before you know it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment