43. Dozens of Roses

Finding his way back to Booty Bay, Cris receives a rather angry letter from the mousey human in Stormwind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


            Booty Bay welcomed Cristianno back with bottles being flung at him and curese between drunken sailors in heated arguments. The elf laughed and stretched his arms behind his head as he walked toward the tavern.
            “Him! He’s a captain. Ask him!” Two bruisers walked up to Cris. “Hey! Captain.” Cris stopped and turned around.
            “Yeah.”
            One of the bruisers lifted his hand and shoved an open, folded and battered envelope onto his chest. “Yer the damn captain its meant for, eh? Damn pirates.” They walked away quickly before Cris could return their paper. He looked at the crumpled paper inside the envelope and as he unfolded it, he laughed. The laughter startled a few seagulls that had perched upon the buildings.
            “Well shit, no more flowers eh? Alright…alright.” He carefully folded the letter, placed it back in the envolope and stored it all in his pocket. He whistled as he walked to a merchant nearby.
            Hallow’s End was the time when the flower vendors sold their crazy black roses. In Cris’ eyes, roses were not meant to be black. It was not natural, but the woman selling them was young and beautiful. In fact, he was aiming to woo her, but there was something about her that made him stop and instead, he felt pity for her. Pity for selling black roses during a holiday instead of spending time gathering sweets and having fun. He bought a black rose from her, but once he had the rose, what was he going to do with it? It was dark and mysterious. It was unique and peculiar. When compared to the other red roses, the black rose alone stood out. Then it hit him. The woman who stood out for him was the one who deserved the rose.
            Anissse, the human girl who never dressed up and always glowered at him. Compared to the other beauties in the world, she had a unique way about her. “That’s the one, “ and he sent the rose to The Slaughtered Lamb in Stormwind. Jarel would know who it was for.
            And sure enough, she had received it. Cris laughed as he recalled the letter over and over in his head.
                        Captain,
                        Do not send me anymore flowers.
            It was simple, short, and to the point, and Cris loved the letter. He decided he just had to write back. After the shop he visited, he walked to his rented room and grabbed some parchment and a writing tool, writing as he walked around town. He was determined to send her a letter. He was sure she would love it when she received it.
            His daydreams caused him to walk right to the Bay’s Booty, where he stopped when someone called out his name.
            “Wolf! You’re back!” Cris lifted his head and saw the blonde human he was familiar with. Greeting her with a smile, she continued, “You haven’t come to see me.” A soft pout appeared on her lips followed by a smirk.
            “Brisa, I just got back from travelling. I’ll be leaving soon too.”
            “Whatcha doing there?”
            Cris chuckled. “Writing a letter to a girl.”
            “You never write to me.”
            “This one particularly dislikes me.” He looked down at the blank parchment and Brisa walked toward him, placing an arm around him and kissing his ear.
            “I can help you if you like, baby.” She lured him into the Bay’s Booty, leading him to a decently lit corner where he sat in a chair with Brisa joining him as she sat on the armrest.
            “I gave her a rose and she sent me this.” Cris handed her the crumpled letter and began to write.
                        Dear Anisse…
            Brisa laughed and reached over to kiss the top of Cris’ head. “What is wrong with this woman? You’re a catch!”
            “I ain’t trying to woo her, Brisa.”
            “That’s a good thing.” Brisa laughed and looked at the parchment. “Tell her that you loved the fact that she took the time to write to you.” Cris laughed and nodded, his writing tool gliding across the parchment.
                        It means so much to me that you took the time to send me a letter. I must admit that I was surprised to see your words so intricately placed on the paper. I will definitely cherish the thought.
            They both chuckled as two more whores walked up to them, “What’s going on here? Wolf! You’re back, captain!”
            “Ay.”
            “Wolf here is writing a letter to some girl who hates him,” Brisa gestured toward the parchment and ran her hand through Cris’ hair. The two whores, a human and an elf, surrounded them and laughed.
            “Ooh, fun!”
            “Tell her…oh, tell her that… that her scent lingered on the paper!” The human said, bouncing on the other armrest as she pointed to the parchment. “What does she smell like, anyway?”
            “She’s a barmaid,” Cris said while he thought of what he was going to write.
            “She probably smells of vomit and alcohol,” Brisa smirked. She leaned toward Cris and nuzzled his head. “Not like us. We smell sweet and tempting, don’t we, Wolf?”
            Cris smiled widely before writing on the parchment. “She smells like soap.” The girls wrinkled their noses.
                        I knew the letter was from you because I could still smell the intoxicating scent of incense mixed with the tantalizing scent of freshness. I could feel you in your words. When you said ‘Do not,’ I could feel your breath against my skin, burning with desire for a kiss.”
             The girls read the letter and laughed, “Yes!”
            “I thought she didn’t like you…” the elf said, her finger lingering on her lips.
            “He’s playing with his prey, sweetie,” Brisa grinned. She ran her hand down below his chin and pulled his face toward her. “I wish he would play with me.” Her pouty lips met his as he stared at her, leaning to kiss her back.
As he pulled away, he licked his lips, “Help me finish this first.”
            The girls leaned in toward the parchment and read it over again. “Tell her how much you are excited to see her again, “ the human girl said. They chuckled and Cris leaned forward to write once again.
                        I long for the day that I get to see you once more. Your amber eyes penetrate my  being when you look at me. And I know you look at me.
            “Write about her hair! Women love that,” the elf squealed, her hand twirling her red hair.
            Cris chuckled, patting her thigh, “Alright.”
                        I must admit I have a craving to run my fingers through your wavy, mahogany hair. Your face softens when your locks frame your features. So innocent, so beautiful.
            “Alright, we’re jealous here, Wolf,” Brisa said, pouting as she looked away from the parchment. “You never tell us things like that.”
            He looked up at the girls and smiled, “Well, once we’re done here, we’ll go upstairs and I’ll tell you each something pretty, yes?” The girls smiled and hugged him, showering him with kisses. “Let me get this done. I told the flower merchant that I had a special order but I had to include a personal letter.”
                        Oh, beautiful, I will be in town soon. You won’t have to say a word when I arrive. Your silence alone will let me know that you longed to see me as well.
            “Her silence?” the elf asked.
            “She doesn’t say much. She simply scowls and glares,” Cris smirked.
                        And perhaps, we can have a private talk this time around. I do miss walking down to the crypts and having our delicious conversations. The way your soft and low voice addresses me drives me mad.
            “Come on, Wolf, just say bye and come play with us!” Brisa whimpered.
                        Until we meet again, my mysterious beauty. I hope you enjoy the gift that accompanied this letter. Every single flower reminded me of you. I know how much you enjoyed the one I sent you, so I simply had to send more.
                        Be well, my dark beauty.
            Cris read the letter over and grinned. “It’s perfect.” He folded it and gestered to one of the servers in the establishment. “Take this to the flower vendor. Tell him it’s from Captain Seawolf and that he can send the order as soon as he can. I’ll stop by in a few hours to pay him.” The server nodded and ran out with the letter. Cris looked at the girls and smiled. “Now, allow me to give you all the attention you’re all craving.” He rose and placed his arms around them as they walked up the stairs and into a room.
            From the flower vendor’s post in Booty Bay, a human boy rode off on a horse with two baskets filled with fourty-eight burgundy roses and the letter which was simply addressed: The Slaughtered Lamb.


No comments:

Post a Comment