50. Cris Goes to Tia

Having encountered Rain once more, Cris is convinced by Davina and Rain that it's time to own up to his past. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


            “Joo a fool, Cristianno.”
            “Perhaps. Perhaps I am a fool, and softy and a fucking pussy, but she’s all I need, Tia.”
            “Joo asked to forget. Joo beg me!”
            “And now I’m telling you to take the clouds away.”
            The troll sighed and shook her head, her pink braids swinging about. “Joo are mo’ den a fool. Joo plain stupid.”
            “Tia, how am I supposed to heal if I hide the pain?” The troll shook her head again and walked to her herb table. “Answer me, Tia!”
            “I be givin’ joo dis answah, Cristianno. Joo be owin’ me big for all I do for joo.”
            Cris nodded, “I know, but this has to be done.”
            “And why? Joo tell me why.”
            He looked down, recalling what he had experienced when he saw her again. The words she said to him were theirs alone. He would never reveal what she said to him. “Because I’ve been having night terrors, and I think it’s because of this.”
            Tia walked back to Cris and raising her large blue hand and striking his face. Cris turned away with the momentum, keeping his eyes away. “Terrahs? Joo ‘ave terrahs ‘cause joo weak.”
            He took a deep breath. This was Tia. There was no use fighting her. “Call me whatever you want, Tia. I’m used to it. I’m the fucking scum of the world to some, I’m the worst pirate ever to others.” He turned and looked at her, “But no one…hear me, NO ONE is going to tell me that I cannot have her in my heart. She will always be there. And one day, everything will be fine between us. I have to have that hope or I will go mad.”
            The troll grabbed his chin and moved close to his face, staring into his sea-green eyes. “She ‘as joo bewitchd, Cristianno.” Her hand slipped toward his neck, wrapping her hand around him, fingers faintly touching the scar, which caused Cris to gasp, his body to shiver. She suddenly gripped his neck and grinned widely, her lips and tusks inches away from his lips. “Remembah, a girl did this to joo.”
            “No, I was her fucking father. And what’s life without a little adventure, eh?” Cris gasped again, this time for breath, managing to smile back at her. Tia chuckled, her eyes searching his face, stopping at his lips. She moved in and her long, red tongue licked his lips once over.
            “Joo sucha pirate.” Tia released his neck and stepped away, cackling madly. Cris took a deep breath and when Tia turned around, he quickly wiped his lips. “Fine. I see no one gonna change joo mind.” She reached for a clear potion and shoved it into Cris’ face. “Take dat. Live wit’ joor foolish memories.”
            As he uncorked the vial, he smiled at Tia. “The show must go on, Tia.” He looks at the vial and took a deep breath. “This is just a part of life.” He tipped the vial back and gulped the concoction. A rush of memories raced toward his mind. It was so intense; he gripped his chest and fought back tears. Tia towered him, leaning against the table. “T-tia…”
            “Nope. Joo wanted pain, now suffer.”
            Everything they had been through flashed vividly in his mind. The touches, the kisses, the words and smiles. The walking away, the reunions. Their recent conversations, all mashed together in a whirls of vivid colors and loud voices in his head. His free hand reached for his auburn hair, grabbing tightly.
            “Dis be wat joo wanted. Dis be wat I be protectin’ ya from. Go on. Be a coward. Lose joor mind to a woman. Be a typical fool.”
            The feeling of falling surrounded him now, as if he was indeed losing his mind. He could see himself falling, the images of the two all around him and almost instant, someone grabbed his hand. He looked up and saw her, reaching from above, holding on tightly.
            Cristianno, pull yourself up.
            He did as he was told, pulling along her arm as she tugged upward. The images whirled beneath them, but all he could see was her face, surrounded by her strawberry blond hair. She smiled and nodded, her image slowly fading away. Cris opened his eyes and took a deep breath, smiling as he turned to see Tia, who was studying him intensely.
            “Joo survived.” She continued to stare. “Joor ‘ope, eh? She bettah no betray joo, Cristianno.”
            “She will always be my hope, Tia.” The troll shrugged, stepping away toward her herb table. There was a ting of jealousy in her movements, something Cris noticed. “What’s wrong?”
            “Love is powaful…but it can be deadly.” She walked back to the table with a bowl of dye and a dagger. Pointing the dagger toward his scar, she pricked him slightly, drawing a drop of blood. “Remembah what joo been through.” The dagger lapped the blood and she mixed it into the dye. “Joo sure joo want more reminders?”
            Cris nodded, “Ay.”
            The troll shook her head and sighed, “Joo a fool,” she repeated once more. Grabbing his right hand, she saw the tattoo on his wrist of the tribal wolf howling upward. She moved the dagger above the wolf and pricked him four times, each in different locations. Slowly she carved out what appeared to be raindrops falling a top the wolf. She filled the cuts with the dye, a blue tint. When she was done, she pulled his arm toward her, examining the new addition to his tattoo. “Der. She make joo a wet dog.”
            Cris laughed with the little energy he had left. “I’ll be fine, Tia.” He touched her face and smiled. “Trust me.”
            She studied his face again and smirked. “When joo say ‘trust me,’ joo be wicked.”
            He leaned back and stared at the raindrops falling on the wolf. “I’m joining the Horde military. Tia sat up quickly and leaned toward him.
            “Wat?”
            Grinning widely, he looked at her. “I need to know their operations and movements.” Tia tilted her head curiously. “I need to know…because we’re taking the military supply airship.”
            Her tusks pulled back her lips. “Now dis be interestin’.”
            “My crew needs a doctor on board. Interested?”
            “Joo get caught, joo be dead, Cristianno. Dis be da Horde.”
            “Don’t worry about us. Besides, you’re Tia’Zula. You know how to escape.” The troll beamed as she smiled at his comment. “You in? I need all the help I can get.”
            “It be a long while since I did anyting like dis.” She leaned toward him, her red eyes flashing with the same madness Cris’ held. “ Where joo want me, Capt’n.” Cris roared in laughter, followed by Tia.
            The plan was slowly rolling into motion and deep down inside, all he could hear was her pleading with him.
            Please be careful, Cristianno.
            Yes, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment